Tui Ora Taiohi Ora Youth Wellness Service
About this Service
Taiohi Ora Youth Wellness aims to empower taiohi (young people) and help them develop emotional and behavioural resilience through a range of short term interventions that use a whānau-centric approach.
Young people aged 12-18 years who are experiencing mild to moderate mental health issues are eligible, with a focus on Māori and Pasifika youth and those at high risk of entering the mental health system
Our free and confidential service can help taiohi who are experiencing:
- Distress because of difficult life experiences and circumstances eg bullying, relationship issues and stress.
- Mild-moderate mental health eg depression/low mood, anxiousness and anger.
- Taiohi requiring support with managing emotions and associated behaviours to increase their level of wellbeing and resilience.
To make a referral, download the referral form and return to Tui Ora via email email@example.com or by returning it to 36 Maratahu St, New Plymouth 4310.
For further information phone (06) 759 4064 or 0800 TUI ORA (0800 884672).
Who is this service for?
Taiohi Ora is for:
- Taranaki taiohi aged 12-18
- Those experiencing mild – moderate mental health eg low mood, anxiousness, anger
- Those experiencing a level of distress as a result of difficult life experiences and circumstances, eg bullying, relationship difficulties, stress
- Those requiring support with managing emotions and associated behaviours to increase wellbeing and resilience